M.P. State Co-operative Union Limited Bhopal (Union) is a state level apex co-operative organization registered under M.P. Co-operative Societies Act dated 25-3-1958 and its registration number is 4. Its registered head office is located at E-8/77, Shahpura, Trilanga, Bhopal. The entire state of Madhya Pradesh is covered in the operational area of the Union.
M.P. State Co-operative Union Limited ,Bhopal is a representative Institution of Co-operative movement in the state. It has total of 167 different types of co-operative societies of the state as its members, details of which are as follows:-
1- Apex Co-operative Organizations of the State – 18
2- District Central Co-operative Banks of the State – 38
3- District Co-operative Agriculture and Rural Development Banks – 38
4- District Co-operative Unions – 38
5- Other Co-operative Institutions – 35
All these members constitute an annual general body (AGM) of the M.P. State Co-operative Union Limited Bhopal which is the supreme authority of the Union under the Act. The M.P. State Co-operative Union has an elected Board of Directors whose term is for five years. The Board of Directors is elected by the representatives of the member co-operative institutions of the Union after every five years. They look after all the policy matters of the Union and consists of one Chairman, one Vice Chairman and 17 other directors.
As far as day to day functioning of the Union is concerned it has certain categories of executive officers and non-executive staff, who are mainly as under:-
- Managing Director
- State Co-operative Education Officer.
- Accounts Officer.
- Principals of Co-operative Training Centres.
- Manager, Lecturers, Computer Instructors and Instructors.
- A premier Institution providing education & training, information and publicity in cooperative sector in the state of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Training Centres are at Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur and Nowgong .
- Short-term training of 3,2,1 days in cooperative are conducted.
Long Term Computer Courses:
- PGDCA & DCA of Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication (MCNUJC), Bhopal.
Other Short Term Courses:
- Higher Diploma in Cooperative Management (HDCM).
- Accounts, Managements & Banking etc.